Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/77/3927977/html/saywhenracing/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
86 Camaro LSX Build:
SayWhenRacing.com
June 15, 2021, 02:51:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 86 Camaro LSX Build:  (Read 48637 times)
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 07:11:17 AM »

Well after many days pondering how I wanted the fender to look where the turbo draws air into it

This is what I came up with.

I'm down to wiring,Fuel feed,regulator,final stuff for chute,

Two radiator lines.... alternator bracket fab and a little more sheet metal work and paint in engine bay.

Driveshaft is done... Leaving the rear suspension alone this year.. need to get it out and see what bugs we have and address those.
Next year I'll do the Fab9 and Madman rear suspension.

It'll progress very quickly now... at the tail end of it finally!
~Scott

Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »

Sounds like you may get some runs out of it this season. Grin
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 04:24:26 AM »

I hope I can make Drag Week still.... It'll be on low boost and timing just to go out and be a part of the event again.. I really enjoy it.
The drivers side fender will get the same hole but with the point going towards the back
That will be for the exhaust dump if I choose to open it.

I'm 19th on the wait list for Drag Week since it only took 8hrs to fill up this year and It wasn't announced
the date and time it would open for on-line registration. Sad
I hope they change that next year.
More pic's soon.
~Scott
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 05:47:57 AM »

Just tube done... All engine bay needs cleaned up/painted smoothed ect.

Fender just sitting on body... 98mm sitting in there,
Will have a buch more to seal it up ect... stainless screen for street driving

16th century Fender torture device for one of my guys here at the shop lol.

65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »

Looks nice good work
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 09:08:04 AM »

It fits nicely in there.

Is that an air to water or air to air intercooler up front?
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »

It's actually a Shearer Fabrication 4th Gen Air/Air IC... That uses 2 3" Garette Cores with 4" Inlet/Outlet

It supports 1500hp+... Found a guy who didn't end up using it and got the entire setup for 800.00 shipped

to me. It's 1600.00 on Sherrer's site... 

It didn't take much to fit in my 3'd gen so I was very happy.

I just don't feel that a Liquid/Air IC is viable for the street. Track... For sure.. but

as much street driving as I do the air/air is my best friend and i've had great IAT's with the Buick.

I doubt I'll need much more than 10-12psi for now which it should be very effecient at. Smiley

Thanks!
~Scott
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

Sounds like it will work real good. Even with just 12# on it the first time you hit it you will be smiles from ear to ear. Grin
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:38 AM »

Got the Holley Dominator system in route with all harness coils ect I need... Tires are on the way too... Now fuel line to regulator and final engine bay stuff.

Hope to fire in the next 2weeks if it keeps up at this pace... Smiley

Thanks for the encouragement!
~Scott
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »

Well... Got all my stuff done... with one day left till Drag Week... My Number got called up on the wait list with 2.5weeks till Drag Week actually started...
Worked from 4am till midnight for that 2.5weeks... Got down to Friday (had to leave Saturday)
Car was running but somthing was not quite right.... Found #8 Exhaust rocker not moving...
Pushrod was installed wrong and sitting on block holding valve open... Did a leak down to make sure it wasn't bent... (it wasn't.. whew) so started it again and still wasn't acting right.
Did a compression test and had 30psi.... check another cyl... 34psi...
Humm.. what's up here... Backed off the rockers just a little and 180psi... (Pushrods too long)

Well... I had to be down in bowling green the next day for registration .. and at that point I was pretty much done... no test time... zero drive time... Not much compresson ect...

So The Bustang was ready to go.... and the owner let me take it to Drag Week... It did great!

Got the Quickest Six again and had a great week with it.... It was a very HOT week with temps in the mid 90's at all the tracks we went to. It ended up being about 1200mi in 4 days!
Here are some pics!
Best Time was 10.6@128mph on pump gas and Drag Radials

Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2013, 05:49:30 AM »

Was wondering if you made it. Sounds like it turned out well, Mustang ran good. Now you have the time to sort out the LS. Let us know when you get it running write.
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2013, 06:00:47 AM »

Walk around Video from the other day over at my buddy's...

Trying to get the driveabilty down now... later some boost vids.
~Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdzuz2XC43I

Boost Drive By with the Bustang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1FB5QeDbL0
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:03:00 AM by UR50SLO » Logged
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

Nice job Scott!!!
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »

Scott
You said you went with holley dominator system. Could you say why you went with holley over fast or bs?
Thanks
Kevin
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2013, 06:41:20 AM »

Well... XFI has no transmission control... (I have a 4L80E) Needed that.

BigStuff does have trans control but I don't think the boost controller was very good or they didn't have it.

Since I do drag week I would like to have one box for everything. This way I'm not chasing problems between two or three systems that

are either not logged or working together. If there is a problem I need to find it and fast to get back on with the trip... I was hoping the

Dominator system could provide that..... Other than getting use to a new system it's been very user friendly so far and the self learning

fuel maps are helpful.... Logging is a bit weird but I'm really not use to it at all yet.

Going up to Billy Briggs on Thursday to final sort out Valve issues and get a 10lb tune on it whith the Chassis dyno.

I'd have to say this Rossler 4L80E is absolutely killer. LOVE it. The Pro-Torque Converter is very nice.

I'll let you know how Thursday go's!
~Scott
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: