Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/77/3927977/html/saywhenracing/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
86 Camaro LSX Build:
SayWhenRacing.com
June 15, 2021, 01:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 86 Camaro LSX Build:  (Read 48629 times)
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2013, 03:40:50 AM »

Hey... more news....

Went up to Billy's and did a few pulls with 93 pump gas and 14deg timing and it's on the wastegate spring at 10.8psi (Loggs around 11psi)

We pulled to 6200rpm for now with a 11.5afr was making 780rwhp on the Chassis Dyno there at Billy's place.

That was on a Thursday.... On Saturday I drove it down to Brenspeed for the Dyno Shootout/Carshow/Customer appreciation day... There were 44 cars that went on the dyno...
I was the last one to go on and spun the tires when hitting boost but still made 730rwhp and
other than Mike Roy who was there for show I had the Highest RWHP car there.

I'll now take it down to the LSX Shootout on the weekend of Oct 13th and run the "True Street" Class.
It's a 50mi drive and 3 back to back passes... Best avarage wins.

I've not had it to the track yet so we'll see if the Chassis can handle what I have now and go from there.
Turn it up small amounts at a time till I get a good pump gas tune and then
put in the race fuel and sneak up slowly on a chassis/engine/boost tune that works for the car.
I'd rather make less power and have a car that go's down the track every time than somthing that go's on the bumper or blows the tires off.
Youv'e been through it... I'm just starting Lol..
Talk to you soon,
Scott~

UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 04:16:13 AM »

65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »

Good job scott
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »

Cool, we just ended getting some work done with Billy. 

Tell you the truth he maybe our new go to guy for engine work!
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:16 AM »

Billy is a great guy... been building engines a long time and has the highest powered LS on the planet right now with Tom Kemph.  (Silver/Black firebird)
Other than the pushrod issue the 427LS I have has been great.

He's got our temperment so I think you guy's would get along real good.

A couple more days (Friday) and I'll be down at Indy for the LSX Shootout.

Time to find out if the chassis can put it down to the ground.?

I had to send in the Aeromotive Fuel pump for a rebuild (Pro series pump)
It dropped from 51psi at 4200rpm down to 35psi by 6200rpm.
The holley system compensated 36% fuel very quickly and never let the AFR's go above 12.0AFR.
Pretty cool!
Have a great weekend guys!
Scott~
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2013, 04:17:23 AM »

Thanks for coming over and finding me at the Indy event!  Great to catch up and actually see the Mustang!

Awesome Job on the car... Pictures just are not enough!  Thanks for the advice as this is my first time really having some parts that can make some decent power when setup next year...

I found out when starting to drive home my MAP sensor connection was bad.... The Eye on the fuel table was all the way at bottom and just following RPM... not Load...
Thought the vacuume line came off but it was the actual connection at the MAP sensor... Looked back at the log and load was ALL over the place from about 5000rpm in 2nd gear till part way though 3'd where it totally dropped off and fell to the bottom of the RPM scale and shut it down.
Still went 145.56mph... which is encouraging...

Got the MAP sensor plugged back in about a mile down the road from the track and drove the rest of the way home no issues.
I think I used between 11-12gallons going home with about 160mi that puts me in the 14ish mpg?
I was targeting 14.8-15.2AFR at cruse at around 1700rpm (65-70mph)

Hope we can be at the same events more next year!!!
~Scott
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:43 AM »

Yea Scott.

It was great to see you again, granted it has been a long time since we all have been able to get together.  Hopefully next time I will be able to check out the Camaro. 

I'm sure if you plan on running the True Street class at the NMCA event, we will definately run into each other mor often!
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »

Yep I sure do... Hopefully I'll get the car dialed in slowly and see what the chassis can handle.

I hope to drive the car to all the events and home. (Goal) Do Drag Week again as well.

If it all go's good with the regular ET Street's I'd like to find a set of used rims like the one's I have and try

out the Drag Radials again and see where the limit is with them. I had good luck and love the way the car

drove with them but as you know it's all or nothing with them.

Great seeing you and can't wait till the first event!!!
~Scott
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:18 AM »

Drove the car up to Martin MI on Saturday for the last Test&Tune.... about a 160mi round trip..

I think I got around 17mpg... Pretty close to that maby a bit more...

Anyhow... Left the tune up alone... Still at 11-12psi on 93pump gas

Left soft with a 1.7x 60' went 9.84@147mph first full pass still letting it shift at 6200

Second pass 1.7x 60' went 9.80@147mph... Weight is 3580 with me in it.

Hope to hook up the boost controller this winter and setup my launch stuff in the Holley system.

Do a couple cosmetic things.... In the spring work on my 60' times and get the chassis working.

Then I can turn the boost up slowly and keep working on chassis stuff as I go along.

Hope the winter is short!!!
~Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lowa8bsTjc

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:27:24 AM by UR50SLO » Logged
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 09:25:32 AM »

That is good, I really like the gas milage.
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:08 AM »

Found a place up Just into WI to do the Fab9 and stock style suspension.... Just going to let him set his stuff up... driving the car up there I think on Thursday.

Fab9,Spool,CM Torque arm,mount,Anti-roll bar, adjustable lower control arms, double adjustable shocks,springs in stock location with adjusters... That's about it.

When it returns Time for the boost control, 3 step setup and finish the engine bay for a bit cleaner look.

And survive the winter... I think the first NMCA True Street is in FL in april...?

http://www.nmcadigital.com/2013/11/14/2014-schedule-annouced/
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »

I think we will be trying to hit the second race in Georgia this year for NMCA.  Schedule is still up in the air, but there is a good chance. 

Typically all classes run record ET's at this race so I have to assume the air and track are nicer for this race.
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2013, 05:02:14 AM »

Is that down in Valdasta GA?  I've been by there going to FL before and heard it's a great track!

I'm excited for the season and getting to be at the track with you guy's some!!!!

Winter seems so long  Sad
~Scott
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2013, 05:30:20 AM »

Rear end housing before powder coat... 40spline spool/gun drilled axels.
All back to a stock style suspension now. Should allow me to run in some
classes where I can be very competitive.

Hope your having a good winter guys,
Scott~!

Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 08:44:08 AM »

Wow looks like somebody done some really nice work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: