Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/77/3927977/html/saywhenracing/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
86 Camaro LSX Build:
SayWhenRacing.com
June 15, 2021, 03:27:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 86 Camaro LSX Build:  (Read 48643 times)
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:27 AM »

Stock location suspension is done.... Anti roll bar installed... Bring it back this coming weekend and do my list of stuff to do!  Planning on doing the Street car shootout in Oklahoma in April!
~Scott

Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »

Sounds like fun, good luck. Let us know how you do. Grin
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2014, 03:00:55 AM »

Few of the rear setup now... 

If only winter would go away Lol.

Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »

Looks too nice to be tucked underneath the car...
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:17 AM »

Bunch of stuff to do now that I have the car back... Had to re-do the exhaust since most of the stuff under the car now is different... (almost done with that now...

Cleaning up and painting under the car and orgainizing lines ect.

Installing scatter shield.
Going through interior... Taking out some weight as it's about 3600lbs with me in it...  No I'm not 600lbs either lol..

Going to put on a 1/2 lb air tank inside the car... and a small compressor for use on the Wastegate... and so I can air my tires back up after racing and go back to street.
Should work out decent I've talked to a few others with this setup and it seems to work pretty good!

Hope you guys survived the winter,
Scott~
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13:21 AM »

Took it on a cruse to a burger place with a group of other locals.... Over by lake Michigan.

Was 117mi round trip... Used 6gal put me at about 19.5mpg ... Not too shabby.

Working on my list still but it's getting smaller.
First event is end of April at Martin MI

Hope to be in the quick 32 it's the Import VS Domestic shoot out.
~Scott
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2014, 02:45:26 AM »

Import VS Domestic shoot out, is this the one at the end of the year in Maryland?
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2014, 03:24:25 AM »

2014 SPECIAL EVENTS

All tickets include free pit passes and free parking unless stated otherwise.

IMPORT VS DOMESTIC SHOWDOWN ~ April 26-27, Saturday & Sunday

This is an Inaugural event this year, featuring local Domestic racers taking on local and national Import racers.  Classes will include Quick 16 East vs. West, Quick 32 Import vs. Domestic, Bracket I, Bracket II, and the FWD Battle.  Off the track events include car show, special guest appearance by Geronimo Racing and live music by Orquesta Tradicion.  Gates open at 9am each day.  Adult tickets are $20 for Saturday and $25 for Sunday or $40 for a two day pass, children 12 & under are FREE.

Import Domestic

Right there at US131 Dragway Martin MI. Smiley
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 06:03:16 AM »

Hey guys... Looked for you last weekend down at the NMRA/NMCA event at Indy... Were you there?Huh

I went down for the True Street part again.... Due to time constraints they only let us do 2 passes but went 8.65 and 8.69 Both at 165mph

I had Traction issues on Drag Week that kept the car in the 9's... but I think I'm on the way to sorting that out now...

Hope to continue on the traction deal and then turn the car up some... Still set up pretty soft.

Hope you guy's had a great year!
Scott

http://blogs.hotrod.com/scott-klepingers-1988-mustang-with-buick-turbo-power-113827.html

Write up for this year... and look back at last year with the Bustang
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:25 AM »

No we were not their, hurt the motor weekend before. We are done for this year. Wow sound like you have a handle on it.

Hey guys... Looked for you last weekend down at the NMRA/NMCA event at Indy... Were you there?Huh

I went down for the True Street part again.... Due to time constraints they only let us do 2 passes but went 8.65 and 8.69 Both at 165mph

I had Traction issues on Drag Week that kept the car in the 9's... but I think I'm on the way to sorting that out now...

Hope to continue on the traction deal and then turn the car up some... Still set up pretty soft.

Hope you guy's had a great year!
Scott

http://blogs.hotrod.com/scott-klepingers-1988-mustang-with-buick-turbo-power-113827.html

Write up for this year... and look back at last year with the Bustang
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »

Oh... Man sorry to hear that... . Hope it's nothing serious...!  Was looking forward to talking with you guys!

I'm still a long way from having the 60' times where they need to be... I was able to get down the track Saturday by

launching at a lower RPM/Boost and ramping in the boost slowly...  Once it came on it stuck and it went through all the gears with little drama... so that was good.

I never did feel 1st gear at all on Drag Week... Kept knocking the tires off... Most of it due to old tires with 7000mi and track time...

The passes and stuff are here for those Facebook users.
https://www.facebook.com/UR50SLO

Hope to see you in the Spring!
~Scott
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2014, 04:50:56 AM »

http://youtu.be/jjs2VRdsNlA

From the Stands video... Smiley
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2014, 05:14:48 AM »

Looks good, you will be in the 7.?? in no time.
UR50SLO

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2014, 04:19:00 AM »

I sure think that won't be a problem.... I have to add to the cage this winter which will take the Cert. down to 7.49... then re-licence NHRA

Both Cage and Me are only good to 8.50 as of now.....

I'm advancing the cam 4deg as well... Bring a bit more power in down low and help driveability. 

Putting in a 6psi spring in the gate and try to leave at 4000rpm with lower boost so it does not kill the tires and ramp it in real quick .. or as quick as it can handle it.

Have a name of a guy to send my shocks to for re-valving...  And several other chassis things I can think of at the moment.

I'm at 20-21psi total which ramps in and 15deg of timing in boost... It seems to make decent power there but added 2deg and picked up 5mph... so that tells me

there is some more power with timing...  I'll take it a few deg at a time and sneak up on it watching the plugs every pass...

Plenty to maul over this winter for sure and improve on... Smiley

Thanks!
Scott~
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2014, 07:41:19 AM »

Sounds like next year will be a blast for you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: