Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/77/3927977/html/saywhenracing/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
input
SayWhenRacing.com
November 14, 2019, 02:45:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: input  (Read 9077 times)
65rambler

View Profile Email
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »

Guys
If you will be around one sat or sunday would like to get your opinion on some updates im thinking about. Trying to see about new headers and routing to fit a turbo in the rambler.
Thanks
Kevin
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »

Yeap we will be just give us a ring as we maybe going to the track next saturday if we get the car done.
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:33:06 AM »

Let me know if you go would like to go watch and help if you need it.
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »

I hope you didn't steal that hair dry off Ryan's car.

If so I wouldn't expect much out of that little 70mm. 
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »

No have not bought anything yet. Was looking at a S480 but i dont think i can make it fit. Was thinking a couple smaller ones but not sure.
This stuff is way out of my comfort zone right now  Cry
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:23:17 AM »

What are your goals for power?  How much boost are you looking at?  You still going to run E85 for fuel?

That is a big turbo, at low boost levels you will never see the potential of that piece.  It maybe worth stepping down in size depending on your goals, not to mention it will be a little nicer for street duty.

Just a couple of thoughts.
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »

The car will stay e-85. Power at crank 1100  Huh Boost what ever needed. I have some ideas but not sure if they are retarded as normal Cheesy
I know i dont want to hack up car want what ever i do to be clean and neat have thought about air to water under dash with tank in trunk maybee twins mounted on headers.
But since you guys have a good idea on how to put a lot of stuff in a small bag you might be able to give ideas.
If you go to track i would like to come down and watch maybe bring car by house sunday if your availabe and you say no way or maybee if you do this or that.
Thanks
Kevin
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »

Thanks for the input today guys. It was way helpful.
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 03:09:56 PM »

You better share some pictures of your transfermation....
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »

Ok
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »

Thoughts i was thinking about running the 4" exhaust out the right side under hood pannel and back then down and under car on the right side and have a small turn out. What are your thoughts? Was thinking no muffler and would alluminum be bad for this long of an application?
Saywhen
Admin Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »

Aluminum is questionable.  Personally, if I was in your case and looking at driving this on the street.  I would look at a thin wall stainless steel. 

We used to have a 5" single on the old combinaiton that exited just at the drivers feet.  The tube was around 6-7 ft long, it held up fine for drag racing purposes but seeing you will be driving it on the street it may not fair too well with the continuous heat.  Maybe Chris can chime in on this topic as well. 

After a season on the single we seen that some of the thinner wall sections were starting to move or buldge.  Even after you find some really thick aluminum tubing to assist with the heat, the weight isn't that huge of a savings between SS and aluminum for street / drag setup.

As for the exhaust, it will be a little loud with 4" tube but it shouldn't be too much of a problem for some street us.  Heck there will be Harley's that will be louder than your car on the street. 

65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »

I was thinking mild steel done in a oval. It works out to be only 2 3/4 tall. I was not sure about the muffler i remember steves was not to bad and his just dumped in fender well.
65rambler

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »

Also do you guys think i should cut the 3 bolt flanges off and put v bands on? I would think with some ultra copper and tight bolts should be ok.
Jeff Harrington

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »

V bands are allways nice they pull the joint together with no need for a gasket and no worry about one blowing out. Oval tube gets expensive but is nice. I think the aluminum will work under the car just may want to use something else right off the turbo or thicker aluminum for a ways. We have a lot of 4" aluminum that I will sell you for just a little over scrap price.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: